Saturday, April 21, 2012

"Life is an echo. What you send out- you get back."

Just a quick update. I did my swim distance today. I thought it would take me roughly 20 minutes. It took me roughly 13. Haha, definitely underestimated myself there. I got to the gym and there were lessons happening but there's always one lane dedicated to laps. There was one other man in there. Just floating. Not actually swimming. One lane and there was a buoy in it. i just swam around the dude. At least he wasn't moving around too much. Part of the way through the swim he stopped me and asked how I moved so silently through the water without splashing and complimented me on my consideration. I am not sure that it was a good thing that I wasn't splashing around. Oh, he also told me that I don't leave a wake. Swimmers splash around a lot don't they? I guess I should have been pushing myself harder. Holy smokes though! I used to swim all the time and I have no idea how I did it. I only did 15 lengths and this whole body workout thing is exhausting. My God, did I ever love it. Makes up for the stupid cycle.

I just keep imagining how tired I am after each the run, cycle and swim separately and imagine what it's going to be like stringing them all together. So my benchmarks are: Run 20 min, Cycle 50 min, and swim 13 min- that one I am not certain on cuz I can't see without my glasses, plus that was not an open water swim so I am gonna say 15ish. All in all, I am forecasting that it will take me an hour and a half to finish this thing factoring in being tired and the weather. I've got quite a bit of time to train.

No comments:

Post a Comment